Friday, September 14, 2007

Re: [MLM Survivors Club] Is anyone able to help?

On Friday 14 September 2007, damaged_goods_73 wrote:
> What a fantastic group... firstly let me introduce myself. At this
> stage I don't feel free to say my name - and I have now had to join
> this group under a new email address hoping to find some guidance (I
> have been a member of this group for the past nearly 9 months under a
> different email address - I can't use that one as it reveals too much
> personal info!).
>
> I don't with to blame anyone else for where I am today - and I take
>
> full responsibility for my actions. Here is a part of my story:
> >From birth I was raised in the 2x2 religious cult. I left this cult
>
> in 1999 and had this "yearning" to be a part of a group. I was
> introduced to Herbalife which seemed to be the answer... lost money
> in it...so then moved to another MLM similar to Amway.
>
> My "lightbulb" moment came early this year - as a direct result from
> reading the emails posted here from Paine, Hal, Deb and a few other
> regulars - so many thanks to you!
>
> I ask for help in getting out of my situation - I'm not sure what to
> do. I don't have an upline which is highly irregular in the MLM that
> I am involved in. My upline is the company. Therefore I did web-
> based training sites (free of charge to all in the MLM), databases
> etc for my team to use. I feel so awful now on hindsite in
> introducing the many that I did! I have told the MLM that I wish to
> get out - and have been threatened with legal action if I take my
> training websites and databases down. Sure it sounds like a bluff...
> but another person on this site has been through similar and has
> actually been through court with this MLM - I imagine costing many
> $$!

Can you tell us the MLM name, or would that be too much?

Do you have a contract with them? Have you reviewed the contract? Are
you able to afford a lawyer who can review it?

It sounds like this could almost be considered slavery if you were in
the US, but I'm not a lawyer. Is it possible to pass your downline to
someone else? Perhaps you could "sell" it to someone else at a loss
and just let it go?

Are the sites on their servers? If so, why do you have to keep running
them?

Hal

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Summer Shape-up

on Yahoo! Groups

Trade weight loss

and swimsuit tips.

Official Samsung

Yahoo! Group for

supporting your

HDTVs and devices.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: