Thursday, September 13, 2007

[MLM Survivors Club] Re: Positive spin on MLMs?

I agree with you that MLMs - the way they practice business - are
abhorrent. But let me play devil's advocate with you just to make a point.

Let's say I sign up as a distributor with MLM X. Pay the $50 a year or
whatever. Then I set up a website to sell the product, pay for google
adwords, and so on. In this process, I DO NOT attend meetings, indulge
in selling to family and friends, and do not recruit at all - or make
crazy claims about the product. I pay google to draw customers to my
site - I have a product to sell for $50 a year distributor fees. As a
result of my website and google ads, Lets say I move about $500000 of
product a year for the MLM - assuming I get 10-15 cents per dollar on
this(maybe my upline combined gets 35 cents - which is why the
products are so expensive) - I would make about $50000 - $75000 a year.
In addition, lets say I "pay to play" - buy $100 a month in autoship.
So I am still making $48000 - $70000 a year. Would you be against that ?
(Of course this scenario never happens in MLM, but its worth
pondering, because for the distributor, its just retail selling)

--- In mlmsurvivorsclub@yahoogroups.com, "annjan1948" <anngodden@...>
wrote:
>
> We seem to have been sucked back into the idea that MLM is fine as long
> as you actually sell things and those nasty motivational organisations
> are avoided. There are many of us who would disagree. It's the whole
> multi-level structure which is repellent in its effects. The majority
> of people who are introduced to it - "shown the plan" - are
> instinctively repelled because, as my brother once said, "I didn't want
> to see everyone I met as a potential source of income. I want my
> social life to be separate from my business life." However much the
> emphasis is on selling, the MLMer is constantly trying to recruit
> others because that's income. People have been selling to their
> friends and relatives for donkeys' years. It's a big leap to saying,
> join up and help build my organisation and make money for me. It's a
> big leap to scrabbling around trying to sell a few more items so you
> can make your monthly volume. MLM was devised as a pyramid which would
> feed money upwards all the time, and the breakthrough of Amway was to
> find a way of sustaining the pyramid by using products as tokens. Can
> we please not lose sight of this.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups HD

The official Samsung

Y! Group for HDTVs

and devices.

Yahoo! Groups

Be a Better Planet

Share with others

Help the Planet.

Yoga Groups

Find Enlightenment

& exchange insights

with other members

.

__,_._,___

No comments: